Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Women's Retreat

Yesterday I returned from a women's retreat I went to with my church at Cohutta Springs. The theme was the cozy mountain lodge witch was fitting since we were in the mountains. Every thing was so beautiful and amazing, God's hand truly at work. The retreat was focused around the story of Ruth. Not just her leaving her people to end up marrying a rich man, but how hard it must have been to live in a place where you were not welcome and the amazing thirst she must have had for Christ after seeing Him in Naomi. We talked about being purged, being guided, being strengthened, and being transformed. It was an experience I needed. I have an issue with forgiveness and I know I can't ask God to forgive me if I am not willing  to forgive others. Its hard, but every time I think about it I must forgive again and again and again until I can let go and so that I can get His peace. And that's what I have asked Him for, for His peace and His love to fill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment