Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Olympics Day 2 and 3

I fell asleep 3 or 4 times during the opening ceremony, but what I saw was pretty good. I loved the multiple dimension animation they used. And the girls who led in the counties were interesting. But what really got me was the mock competition going on with the countries out fits, America did pretty well in that regard, I really liked the Polo. Then there was the talking in Russian. Honestly if there not yelling at each other it's not worth listening to.

And day 3 I saw the amazing Gracie Gold and Yulia Lipniskaya after her. They both did amazing. Yulia has wonderful technique and flexibility, but while watching her it seems that she disconnects from the music and just focuses on technique. On the other has Gracie has soul.

  

And after that Downton Abbey came on so had to watch that. Bates know. I'm so excited for the next episode. I pretty sure Daisy is gonna hit Ivvy with a rolling pin. And then there's Mary and her new suitors. I want three rich men falling all over me. She just flirts so effortlessly, I need to learn that. Poor Edith, that's all I can think to say. She has been through so much, and in that time period she has so few options.


British TV continued to punch me in the heart after Downton with the movie The Making of a Lady I hadn't planned to stay up but it grabbed me, and in less than 30 minutes I was emotionally attached to the characters. I hate British people. Which is why I want to go there and study film. Sigh. If you ever get the chance watch that movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment