Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

escape to the pages

The lights in the library were still warming up the perfect time to get a book. It was early morning i had at least 45 minutes until the first bell rang so i had just enough time. As usual the library was quiet with the occasional whisper then the hash shush. The rain hit the window with a familiar pitter patter. I had found a book and was hiding in between the the low shelves of books from my friends sitting with my legs crossed the book in my lap. They usually wanted to walk the halls at this time and talk about whatever. but i didnt need that i needed to get lost in paper and ink. Last night had been a bad night, dad came home after a long night with the guys drunk as ever and mom didnt get home till an hour after that. They had a fight about leaving me and my brother alone for so long then they yelled at me for not having any food ready for them.  Its not that i didnt make any i just didnt want to leave it out i mean really it was midnight when my dad got home was i supposed to keep the food hot till then. I was glad my brother was sleep when all this was going on. I took a deep breathe trying to blow away the memory. i opened the worn cover and began to read forgetting time forgetting memory and thankfully forgetting myself.

    Isnt cool to loose yourself in a book to forget all your problems and be totally focused on something else comment tell me if this has ever happened to you and what it was like

No comments:

Post a Comment